Hey everyone and welcome to our October edition of Motherhood Minis, featuring bitesize interviews with real mums. A quick unfiltered glimpse into the lives of our Matchstick Monkey parents and their little ones!
At Matchstick Monkey, we catch up with mums across the UK to chat about the challenges of motherhood, their journey so far and some of their favourite products they are loving right now for their little one!
This month, we chat with the lovely Mrs K who is mother to the beautiful baby Noah. Her Instagram @thelearner_mommie is dedicated to talking about her journey through motherhood and giving advice on products she is loving right now for her little one...
1. How many children do you have?
I have one child, whose name is Noah and he is six months old.
2. Do you have any pets?
No, I don’t have any pets - but would love one when Noah gets a little older!
3. What region of the country do you live in?
We live in London, therefore we will never get tired of things to do!
4. What have you learned about the reality of having children that you could never have predicted before having your own?
With other people's children you can play with them and hand them back to their parents if it all becomes too much for you. When you have your own you can’t return them back to anyone.
5. Do you think parents, mothers in particular, have a tendency to put themselves under pressure to be the perfect parent?
Yes particularly when you’re looking at other mothers going the extra mile and you start to question yourself
6. How do you get “me” time?
When Noah is sleeping or when my husband has him.
7. What are your absolute favourite baby and toddler products?
8. If you could invent something specifically to help parents, what would it be?
Something to hold babies dummy in place! I am constantly looking for Noah’s dummies!
9. Do you see yourself as an influencer?
I would like the think I am lol
10. How has your growing Instagram following changed your day to day life?
My life is pretty much the same. I suppose I just have to be more conscious that what I post reflects what I believe in. And reflects my personality too!
11. Why do you think your account has become so popular, is this something you planned from the start?
I only post things or products that we have used and like. Sharing my honest opinion. And sometimes asking for other opinions I suppose has drawn people to my page. To be honest I didn’t think I would get anyone talking to me when I first started my page.
12. How old were your children when they started to teeth?
Noah has started at 3 months.
13. Did any of your children have symptoms of teething, or did they just come through without a fuss?
We’re still waiting for his tooth to come through.